Chiragh best Indian in tied 31st place, Himmat lags behind
Jecheon (Korea): India`s Chiragh Kumar started on a bright note with a round of one-under 71 that placed him in tied 31st spot at the inaugural Volvik Hildesheim Open J Golf Series here on Thursday.
The other Indian in the field Himmat Rai carded 73 and was placed tied 82nd and needed to shoot a low number in the second round to keep a berth for the weekend.
Korean rookie Ma Soo-kil and countryman Lee Sang-hee kept the host country atop the leaderboard by posting matching six-under-par 66s to share the first round lead.
The 22-year-old Ma, who is making his debut on the Korean Golf Tour, mixed his card with five birdies, an eagle and a bogey while Lee enjoyed a flawless round that was highlighted by an eagle-three on the 16th hole to take a single shot lead over compatriots Choi Ho Sung and Kim Dae-hyun, who returned 67 each to take the tied third place.
Chiragh, still trying to find the form that very nearly took him to his maiden Asian Tour title last year at the Hero Indian Open, opened the day with a bogey on first, but got back the stroke with a birdie on the third and then a second one on the fourth. A bogey on the fifth meant he was even par.
He made just one more birdie on 11th, but parred the rest for a card of 71.
Himmat had two birdies and three bogeys on the front nine and nine straight pars on back nine for a round of 73.
Asian Tour winners Pariya Juhnasavasdik of Thailand and Australia`s Scott Hend are among the seven players occupying the fifth spot jointly on 68 at the Hildesheim Country Club.
The 12th leg of the Asian Tour schedule for 2012 Volvik Hildesheim Open features no less than 14 Asian Tour champions who hold no fewer than 30 victories accumulated between them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!