Chiragh Kumar bags the LG Masters of PGTI in style
New Delhi: Chiragh Kumar rounded off a brilliant season with a well-deserved victory at the season-ending LG Masters of PGTI at the Delhi Golf Club on Saturday.
Delhi player Chiragh shot a three under 69 to finish with a total of 13 under 275 at the Rs 10 million event.
Sanjay Kumar of Lucknow secured the runner-up trophy as he finished five strokes behind the winner.
Ashok Kumar finished tied 12th to end the year as the number one on the Rolex Rankings with total earnings of Rs. 5,394,125. He thus sealed the Rolex Player of the Year Award for 2010.
Chiragh (69-69-68-69), the overnight leader, did not have an ideal start to the day when he bogeyed the second. However, he made up for the lapse on the second with an accurate tee shot on the fifth that led to his first birdie of the day.
Chiragh made another bogey on the seventh but the tide turned in his favour when he made birdie-eagle on the eighth and ninth. The eagle on the par-four ninth was the result of an astonishing six-iron second shot from 185 yards that ended up in the hole.
Sanjay Kumar (66-71-70-73) finished runner-up after posting a one over 73 on Saturday that took his total to eight under 280 for the tournament. His final round featured two birdies and three bogeys.
Mukesh Kumar and Shamim Khan shared third place at five under 283 while Manav Jaini and Raju Ali Mollah were a further stroke behind in joint fifth.
Gaganjeet Bhullar claimed eighth place at with a total of one under 287.
Ashok Kumar secured tied 12th position with a total of three over 291. He ended the year as the number one on the Rolex Rankings with total earnings of Rs. 5,394,125 to seal the Rolex Player of the Year Award for 2010.
Ashok ended the year with four wins and nine other top-10s. He had earlier won the PGTI Order of Merit in the 2006-07 season.
Mukesh Kumar finished second on the Rolex Rankings 2010 with earnings of Rs. 4,319,917. He posted three wins and seven other top-10s in the 2010 Aircel PGTI season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city