Chiragh opens up three-stroke lead at PGTI Ch`ship
Gurgaon: Riding on a stunning bridie-spree at
the start, Delhi`s Chiragh Kumar carded a superb eight-under
64 to grab the lead on day two of the PGTI Players
Championship here on Wednesday.
R Srinivas of Bangalore returned a 67 to be placed second
at six-under 138, three strokes behind the leader
A total of 54 professionals and one amateur earned the
right to compete on the last two days as the cut was declared
at eight over 152.
Chirag came out all guns blazing as he sank birdies on
the first three holes and followed it up with another one on
The 2006 Asian Games silver medallist collected four more
birdies on his inward journey to emerge as a strong contender
for the title.
"I was in excellent hitting form today and even sank two
birdie putts from over 15 feet. The birdies on the first three
holes really got my round going," Chiragh said.
Srinivas had an eventful front nine where he made five
birdies against a lone bogey. He followed that up with a quiet
second nine, making just one birdie on the ninth.
Ashok Kumar, Vinod Kumar and Mukesh Kumar shared third
place at five-under 139.
Mandeo Singh Pathania`s four under 140 total placed him
sixth on the leaderboard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Zydus Cadila gets USFDA's final nod for fungal treatment drug
- These power-packed dialogues are the soul of Salman Khan's 'Sultan' trailer!
- NIA says modus operandi same in Kathua, Samba and Pathankot terror attacks
- Govt in damage control mode after African envoys demand action against 'Afro-phobia'
- Bajrangi Dal camp row: CPI(M) questions SP govt silence, calls on President to take action