Chiragh opens up three-stroke lead at PGTI Ch`ship
Gurgaon: Riding on a stunning bridie-spree at
the start, Delhi`s Chiragh Kumar carded a superb eight-under
64 to grab the lead on day two of the PGTI Players
Championship here on Wednesday.
R Srinivas of Bangalore returned a 67 to be placed second
at six-under 138, three strokes behind the leader
A total of 54 professionals and one amateur earned the
right to compete on the last two days as the cut was declared
at eight over 152.
Chirag came out all guns blazing as he sank birdies on
the first three holes and followed it up with another one on
The 2006 Asian Games silver medallist collected four more
birdies on his inward journey to emerge as a strong contender
for the title.
"I was in excellent hitting form today and even sank two
birdie putts from over 15 feet. The birdies on the first three
holes really got my round going," Chiragh said.
Srinivas had an eventful front nine where he made five
birdies against a lone bogey. He followed that up with a quiet
second nine, making just one birdie on the ninth.
Ashok Kumar, Vinod Kumar and Mukesh Kumar shared third
place at five-under 139.
Mandeo Singh Pathania`s four under 140 total placed him
sixth on the leaderboard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest