Chiragh wins PGTI Player of the Year
New Delhi: Chiragh Kumar was named the Professional Golf Tour of India`s Rolex Player of the Year for being the top earner in the 2011 season.
He received a Rolex custom engraved timepiece for earning Rs 3,706,821 for the season.
The Rolex First Time Winners Awards were presented to Indian professionals Sanjay Kumar, Manav Jaini, Anura Rohana, Feroz Ali Mollah, Mithun Perera and Vinod Kumar. These six professionals registered their maiden victories on the PGTI during the 2011 season.
Rashid Khan received the Aircel Emerging Player of the Year Award. Rashid won this award on the basis of accumulating the highest earnings among all those professionals who made their debut as full card holders on the PGTI in the 2011 season.
Rashid took home over Rs. 2.7 million in prize money for the year 2011. He finished a strong fourth on the Rolex Rankings.
"It is very encouraging to see so many young Indian golfers excel at international and domestic events. They, along with some of the established golfers, have made India an emerging power centre for golf in Asia. I am glad to say that corporate sponsorships have given unprecedented impetus to the growth of the game," said PGTI President Gautam Thapar.
The awards ceremony last night was attended by top Indian professionals and all key stake holders critical to the growth of the sport in the region in the years to come.
The evening featured a performance by famous Indian jazz musician Louis Banks and his band.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'