Chouhan, Manav, Rashid & Sanjay in four-way lead
Mewat: Delhi golfers Manav Jaini and Rashid Khan grabbed a share of the four-way lead at five-under 67 after the opening round of the PGTI Players Championship on Tuesday.
Om Prakash Chouhan of Mhow and Lucknow`s Sanjay Kumar were the other two golfers who carded a matching 67 on day one at the Classic Golf Resort here.
Ashok Kumar of Delhi and Chandigarh`s Ranjit Singh are a stroke off the lead in tied fifth.
Chouhan, the winner of the PGTI event last week, continued his superb form with a bogey-free round. An early birdie on the third set the ball rolling for him as he picked up two more shots by converting 12-feet putts on the fourth and eighth.
Chouhan`s birdie on the 10th took him to four-under for the day. He then chipped it within inches of the flag for his final birdie of the day on the 14th.
Manav, who also fired a bogey-free 67, collected his first two birdies in the back nine with putts from a range of eight to ten feet on the 15th and 17th.
He came up with a magnificent 18-feet conversion for birdie on the first besides two brilliant third shots on the 18th and third that set up easy birdie putts.
Rashid with seven birdies against two bogeys and Sanjay with six birdies and one bogey joined Chouhan and Manav at the top of the leaderboard.
Ashok Kumar and Ranjit Singh were one shot behind the leaders in tied fifth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened