Chowrasia in danger of missing cut in Portugal
Algarve (Portugal): Three dropped shots early in the round saw the lone Indian in the field, SSP Chowrasia card a disappointing two-over 74 that put him in immediate danger of missing the cut as he is lying tied 102nd at the end of the first round in the Portugal Masters.
There were no less than seven players shared the lead at six-under 65. Among the early leaders was Alvaro Quiros, who continued his return to form in his "second home".
The Spaniard won every year on The European Tour from 2006-2011, including this event in 2008, before being plagued by wrist problems that resulted in him undergoing surgery a year ago and missing five months of golf.
Top ten finishes in Ireland and Italy have hinted at Quiros returning to his former heights and one of the game`s longest hitters fought back from two early bogeys at Oceanico Victoria Golf Course to storm home in 29 and lead with Felipe Aguilar, Jamie Donaldson, David Lynn, Max Kieffer, Graeme Storm and Simon Thornton on six under par.
Quiros was two-over after five holes.
Defending champion Shane Lowry, third in the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship at the end of September, had to settle for a one under par 70.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement