Chowrasia moves up to tied 27th with two-under 71
George(South Africa): SSP Chowrasia turned in a much-better performance of two-under 71 on the par-73 Links at Fancourt, but only improved by one spot to tied 27th after the second round of the Volvo Golf Champions here.
Chowrasia had shot 75 on the first day and his now even par 146 for two days and tied with Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano.
Meanwhile, leader Nicolas Colsaerts went from four ahead to way behind as he had five bogeys in first 12 holes. He was three-over for 17 holes and had one more hole to play as he made up with three birdies 13th, 16th and 17th.
Home players Branden Grace and Thomas Aiken took over at the top.
Grace, who won the Joburg Open on Sunday to qualify, was seven-under through 17 holes and his total was 12-under, three clear of Aiken.
Open de Espa’a champion Aiken covered the front nine in 32, eight better than Colsaerts, to reach nine under, while Lee Slattery shot a eight-under 65 to get to eight-under 138. He had a first round 73.
What made Slattery`s day even better was that playing partner Goosen had shot 68 and their English amateur Mark Vandenberghe had also helped the two pros to win cars worth Rs. 25,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak