Chowrasia rounds off with one-under 70 at Wales Open
Cardiff: SSP Chowrasia rounded off the week with one-under 70 to finish with a total of three-over 287 at the ISPA Handa Wales Open here on Sunday
Chowrasia, the lone Indian out of the three who started out the week, had shot 75 in the third and that cost him a better finish at The Celtic Manor Resort.
Shiv Kapur and Jeev Milkha Singh had earlier missed the cut. Chowrasia birdied three times, all three times on back nine on 11th, 15th and 18th and his bogeys came on fourth and 16th.
Earlier in the third round, Chowrasia was even par after five, but then double bogeyed the eighth and bogeyed 15th and 17th. He was tied 37th and should finish just inside 35th place.
Into the final round Gregory Bourdy and America`s Peter Uihlein were tied for the top spot after five holes. Bourdy was two-under through five and Uihlein was one-over after five.
On Saturday, Uihlein assumed control of the ISPS Handa Wales Open after an enthralling third round. Uihlein, who won the Madeira Islands Open earlier this year, caught fire around the turn and overcome some late sloppiness to end with a commanding lead.
Having produced two birdies and as many bogeys over the first eight holes, he moved into the lead via an eagle at nine following a stunning long iron to nine feet.
Not content, he birdied the next by holing a 50-footer before picking up a further gain at 14 following an excellent approach. He finished with four-under 67 and moved to seven-under for three rounds.
Levet produced a fine 67 to move into contention, his effort all the more crucial given he started on level par, while fellow Frenchman Bourdy`s solid 70 gave him a great chance. A shot further back were Rafael Cabrera-Bello, Joost Luiten and Peter Hedblom.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city