Daniel Chopra struggles at Pebble Beach
Pebble Beach: Daniel Chopra struggled to seven-over 79 at the Pebble Beach Golf Links in the second round of the second AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.
Earlier in the first round at Monterrey, Chopra was off to a sizzling start with six birdies in first seven holes after starting from the 10th. Then he suddenly collapsed with bogeys on first, third and fourth and a triple on par-4 eighth. He did have a birdie on fifth, but it hardly helped.
Chopra is now way behind at 136th place and will play his third round at Spyglass before the cut is applied.
Chopra has had a tough time as he returned to the PGA Tour after a gap. He has missed each of his three previous starts at Sony Open, Humana Challenge and Farmers Insurance. Veteran Jimmy Walker and 20-year-old Jordan Spieth shared the lead at the midway point. Spieth shot 67 in blustery, damp conditions at Monterey Peninsula Country Club yesterday to move to 9 under, while Walker`s bogey-free 69 at Spyglass pulled the Texan into a tie.
Hunter Mahan is alone at 8 under after his second straight 68, while first-round leader Andrew Loupe is another stroke behind after a 73.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal