Daniel Chopra struggles at Pebble Beach
Pebble Beach: Daniel Chopra struggled to seven-over 79 at the Pebble Beach Golf Links in the second round of the second AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.
Earlier in the first round at Monterrey, Chopra was off to a sizzling start with six birdies in first seven holes after starting from the 10th. Then he suddenly collapsed with bogeys on first, third and fourth and a triple on par-4 eighth. He did have a birdie on fifth, but it hardly helped.
Chopra is now way behind at 136th place and will play his third round at Spyglass before the cut is applied.
Chopra has had a tough time as he returned to the PGA Tour after a gap. He has missed each of his three previous starts at Sony Open, Humana Challenge and Farmers Insurance. Veteran Jimmy Walker and 20-year-old Jordan Spieth shared the lead at the midway point. Spieth shot 67 in blustery, damp conditions at Monterey Peninsula Country Club yesterday to move to 9 under, while Walker`s bogey-free 69 at Spyglass pulled the Texan into a tie.
Hunter Mahan is alone at 8 under after his second straight 68, while first-round leader Andrew Loupe is another stroke behind after a 73.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- New Zealand to keep trialling day-night first-class cricket
- Delhi sex racket busted: Girls confined in almirahs; forced to sleep with clients in cubicles
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday