Daniel Chopra to participate in Indian Open
New Delhi: Two-time PGA Tour winner Daniel Chopra will be seen in action at the Hero Indian Open 2013, to be played from November 7-10 at the Delhi Golf Club here.
Chopra today confirmed his participation in the USD 1.25 million tournament which will be celebrating its golden jubilee edition.
Chopra spent his initial years playing at the Delhi Golf Club and won the All India Junior Golf Championships at the age of 14.
"I`m thrilled to be able to come back to India for the 50th Hero Indian Open. Delhi Golf Club is where I learnt to play and Hero are such a great sponsor of golf in India, I can`t think of anything that would make me prouder than to win next week," Chopra said.
He last competed in India in 2012 when he finished second at the inaugural Shubhkamna Golf Championships in Delhi.
Apart from this he finished fourth in the Iskandar Johor Open and sixth at the Thailand Golf Championship last year.
Chopra, who currently is playing in the US PGA tour, finished off his season last month on the Web.Com Tour in fine style, ending the Web.Com Championship in T29 position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt