Design stars in finals for Olympic golf course
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian officials say Jack Nicklaus, Robert Trent Jones Jr. and other top golf course architects are in the running to design the 2016 Olympic course.
It will be the first time golf is played in the Games in a century.
The companies in the final selection list were announced Friday. The course will be built in Rio de Janeiro, likely in the Barra da Tijuca neighborhood, which will hold most of the Olympic venues.
Applicants had to show prior course design experience, and have an office established in Rio. The winner will be paid USD 300,000 for the design.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?