Digvijay confident of retaining title
New Delhi: Defending champion Digvijay Singh believes age is not a barrier as he eyes another magical run at his title defence of the Panasonic Open India from April 4.
The dashing Indian ended a 12-year barren run when he claimed his maiden Asian Tour victory by producing a grandstand finish with a 12-foot birdie putt on the last hole to pip Bangladesh`s Siddikur and compatriot, Gaganjeet Bhullar to the title by two shots.
Memories of his career breakthrough are still etched firmly in Singh`s mind and he is hoping he can revive them as he chases his second Asian Tour win at the Delhi Golf Club.
"I`m looking forward to playing the tournament again. Delhi Golf Club is one of my favourite venues and it`s a pleasure to play here. By the looks of it, the course will be in great shape come April," said Singh.
"It`ll be my first time defending a big tournament, so I`m taking positives from last year and we shall see what happens. I just hope to go out there and enjoy myself."
Singh insists age is not a factor when chasing for glory on the golf course.
"In this game, age is not a factor. Peter Senior won (the Australian Open) at 53, Tom Watson almost won (the British Open) at 59. Age is not a barrier, it`s how you conduct yourself over four rounds of golf," said the 41-year-old.
Singh will be among a strong Asian Tour line-up expected to challenge for top honours at the USD 300,000 full field event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir
- Rahul Gandhi must come clean on how Mahatma Gandhi's assassin was affiliated to RSS: Vaidya
- Japanese truck driver playing Pokemon Go kills pedestrian
- `No radicalisation` in Australia stabbing death: Police
- How to get MIUI 8 update on Xiaomi smartphone: Check out tutorial