Digvijay confident of retaining title
New Delhi: Defending champion Digvijay Singh believes age is not a barrier as he eyes another magical run at his title defence of the Panasonic Open India from April 4.
The dashing Indian ended a 12-year barren run when he claimed his maiden Asian Tour victory by producing a grandstand finish with a 12-foot birdie putt on the last hole to pip Bangladesh`s Siddikur and compatriot, Gaganjeet Bhullar to the title by two shots.
Memories of his career breakthrough are still etched firmly in Singh`s mind and he is hoping he can revive them as he chases his second Asian Tour win at the Delhi Golf Club.
"I`m looking forward to playing the tournament again. Delhi Golf Club is one of my favourite venues and it`s a pleasure to play here. By the looks of it, the course will be in great shape come April," said Singh.
"It`ll be my first time defending a big tournament, so I`m taking positives from last year and we shall see what happens. I just hope to go out there and enjoy myself."
Singh insists age is not a factor when chasing for glory on the golf course.
"In this game, age is not a factor. Peter Senior won (the Australian Open) at 53, Tom Watson almost won (the British Open) at 59. Age is not a barrier, it`s how you conduct yourself over four rounds of golf," said the 41-year-old.
Singh will be among a strong Asian Tour line-up expected to challenge for top honours at the USD 300,000 full field event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel and Power Ltd, 3 officials convicted
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Massive relief for Central government employees; 7th Pay Commission notification issued
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire