Disappointing start for Sharmila at Swiss Open
Ascona-Locarno (Switzerland): It was a very disappointing start by Indian golfer Sharmila Nicollet on the opening day of the Deutsche Bank Ladies Swiss Open on the Ladies European Tour here.
Sharmila, who had qualified for the Tour through the Qualifying School, carded a nine-over 81, which left her with almost no chance of making the cut.
Sharmila, who missed the cut last week also, had three bogeys and three double bogeys.
Australian Rebecca Artis fired a career-best round of eight-under 64 to take the first round lead.
The 23-year-old from New South Wales charged to the top of the leader board with four birdies and an eagle in her last six holes to lead by two strokes at Golf Gerre Losone.
England`s Florentyna Parker was placed second on 66, followed by the defending champion Diana Luna of Italy and Frenchwoman Barbara Genuini on five under 67.
Scotland`s Carly Booth recorded her first hole-in-one in a tournament using a nine-iron at the par-three 11th.
She shot two-under 70.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far