Donald to play in Malaysian Open
Kuala Lumpur: World No.2 Luke Donald has confirmed his participation for the 2013 Maybank Malaysian Open golf that will be held here March 21-24.
The Maybank Malaysian Open 2013 is regarded as the most prestigious golf event in the country and a leading national open in the region.
The event has hosted some of the best international and regional professional golf players. This year, the tournament ups the ante with a prize purse of $2.75 million, an increase of $250,000 from last year`s tournament.
Donald, a native of Hertfordshire, England, will be making his debut in the tournament.
The 35-year-old is determined to regain the World No.1 spot this year from Rory McIlroy, one of his team-mates in Europe`s thrilling success at the 2012 Ryder Cup.
Maybank chairman, Tan Sri Dato` Megat Zaharuddin Megat Mohd Nor, said: "The confirmation of Luke Donald is indeed another boost for the Maybank Malaysian Open. Since we took over the title sponsorship of this tournament in 2006, we have endeavoured to bring world class golfing personalities to Malaysia."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui