Donald to play in Malaysian Open
Kuala Lumpur: World No.2 Luke Donald has confirmed his participation for the 2013 Maybank Malaysian Open golf that will be held here March 21-24.
The Maybank Malaysian Open 2013 is regarded as the most prestigious golf event in the country and a leading national open in the region.
The event has hosted some of the best international and regional professional golf players. This year, the tournament ups the ante with a prize purse of $2.75 million, an increase of $250,000 from last year`s tournament.
Donald, a native of Hertfordshire, England, will be making his debut in the tournament.
The 35-year-old is determined to regain the World No.1 spot this year from Rory McIlroy, one of his team-mates in Europe`s thrilling success at the 2012 Ryder Cup.
Maybank chairman, Tan Sri Dato` Megat Zaharuddin Megat Mohd Nor, said: "The confirmation of Luke Donald is indeed another boost for the Maybank Malaysian Open. Since we took over the title sponsorship of this tournament in 2006, we have endeavoured to bring world class golfing personalities to Malaysia."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'