Dufner in lead at Zurich Classic
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Avondale: Jason Dufner has come ever close to clinching his first PGA Tour title as he shot 7-under 65 to head the leaderboard after 36 holes.
"It`s been a difficult weekend for me the last month and a half or so," Dufner said as per a news agency. "I haven`t quite played as well as I would have liked, but I know that my game is still pretty good”.
Dufner was in terrific putting form as he rounded off his the day with a 30-foot eagle putt on the par-5 18th to reach 12 under.
PGA Tour rookie Russell Knox, John Rollins and first-round co-leader Ken Duke were tied for second. Knox shot a career-best 64, Rollins 66 and Duke 68.
Greg Chalmers holed out for an eagle on the par-4 first and also finished with a 64 to join Steve Stricker and Ernie Els at 10 under. Stricker and Els shot 68.
Knox and Chalmers matched the course record.
Defending champion Bubba Watson had his second consecutive 71 to make the cut on the number at 2 under in his first tournament since his playoff victory in the Masters.
Second-ranked Luke Donald rebounded from an opening 73 with a 65 to reach 6 under. Donald, tied for 22nd, needs to finish sixth or better to regain the top spot in the world from Rory McIlroy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!