Ernie Els clinches British Open
Lytham ST. Annes, England: Ernie Els has won his fourth major championship in an astonishing finish, rallying to beat Adam Scott in the British Open when the Aussie bogeyed the last four holes.
Scott pushed his lead back to the four strokes it was at the beginning of the round when he made birdie at the 14th hole. But Els birdied the 18th for a 2-under 68, then headed to the putting green hoping his score was good enough to get him in a playoff.
Turns out, it was good enough for the claret jug.
Scott missed a short putt at the 16th and drove into a fairway bunker at 18. After punching back in the fairway, the Aussie hit a brilliant iron to 7 feet. But the par putt slid by the cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss