European Tour lends support to belly putter ban in golf
London: Adding a new angle to the belly putter row, the European Tour has supported the ban on the method and told the PGA tour that it is wrong to take a decision against the proposed ban.
The PGA Tour came out against the ban last month, joining the PGA of America in opposing the move, but calls for unity behind the game`s law-makers are growing, the Independent reports.
According to European Tour`s executive George O`Grady, almost all golf tournament committee and player representatives support the proposed ban, even though they are aware that more than a few players, including senior ones, use the anchored method.
The R and A and US Golf Association proposed in November to outlaw anchored putting strokes from 2016 which was immediately opposed by the PGA of America - the hosts of the US PGA.
British golfer Ian Poulter reckons it is about to get very messy in the row over belly putters, and the Ryder Cup hero fears for the state of the game if the US-based PGA Tour rejects controversial rule changes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!