Faldo to patron new Asian Tour event in Cambodia
Singapore: A new event in Cambodia, that will have former world number one Nick Faldo as patron, is among eight Asian Tour tournaments planned early next year, the continental golf body announced on Monday.
The Asian Tour`s January-April schedule was released on Monday with the 300,000 dollars Handa Faldo Cambodian Classic scheduled for March 14-17 at a yet to be decided venue.
The 2012 season begins with the February 2-5 Myanmar Open with the remainder of the schedule to be released at a later date.
The window also includes three events -- Indian Masters, Malaysian Open and Ballantine`s Championship -- jointly sanctioned with the European Tour.
"It will be a busy start to the new year with tournaments in Myanmar and Cambodia featuring prominently on our schedule," Asian Tour Executive Chairman Kyi Hla Han said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today