Faldo to patron new Asian Tour event in Cambodia
Singapore: A new event in Cambodia, that will have former world number one Nick Faldo as patron, is among eight Asian Tour tournaments planned early next year, the continental golf body announced on Monday.
The Asian Tour`s January-April schedule was released on Monday with the 300,000 dollars Handa Faldo Cambodian Classic scheduled for March 14-17 at a yet to be decided venue.
The 2012 season begins with the February 2-5 Myanmar Open with the remainder of the schedule to be released at a later date.
The window also includes three events -- Indian Masters, Malaysian Open and Ballantine`s Championship -- jointly sanctioned with the European Tour.
"It will be a busy start to the new year with tournaments in Myanmar and Cambodia featuring prominently on our schedule," Asian Tour Executive Chairman Kyi Hla Han said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation