Finger injury forces Jeev to pull out of Singapore Open
Singapore: Former champion, Jeev Milkha Singh on Thursday pulled out of the Barclays Singapore Open after further injuring his finger during the Pro-Am.
Jeev, the 2008 champion, who shot a six-over 77 in the first round at the Serapong Golf Course here today, said, "I actually felt a lot of pain on Wednesday evening after hurting my injured finger during Pro-Am. But I felt I could manage it."
"This morning during the round I realised I was holding myself back on many shots and not being to able to hit the way I wanted. So I have spoken to my doctor, who is with me this week," Jeev said.
Jeev started on the tenth and after a birdie on 11th, he bogeyed the next three and one more on 18th to turn in three-over. He played six pars in a row and then shot a `snowman`, a triple bogey on par-five seventh.
"I just couldn`t hit the way I wanted," he said.
That was followed by a bogey on eighth and a consolation birdie on ninth. He quipped, "I needed that (birdie) just to keep me going."
Jeev is also unsure about Hong Kong Open next week but said, "I will take a call in the next few days. Right now I want to rest the finger and give myself time."
The Indian golfer, winner of the Scottish Open this year, is lying 25th on the European Tour Order of Merit, and a good finish will further his goal of trying to get to top-50 in the world. He is currently 95th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS