Finger injury forces Jeev to pull out of Singapore Open
Singapore: Former champion, Jeev Milkha Singh on Thursday pulled out of the Barclays Singapore Open after further injuring his finger during the Pro-Am.
Jeev, the 2008 champion, who shot a six-over 77 in the first round at the Serapong Golf Course here today, said, "I actually felt a lot of pain on Wednesday evening after hurting my injured finger during Pro-Am. But I felt I could manage it."
"This morning during the round I realised I was holding myself back on many shots and not being to able to hit the way I wanted. So I have spoken to my doctor, who is with me this week," Jeev said.
Jeev started on the tenth and after a birdie on 11th, he bogeyed the next three and one more on 18th to turn in three-over. He played six pars in a row and then shot a `snowman`, a triple bogey on par-five seventh.
"I just couldn`t hit the way I wanted," he said.
That was followed by a bogey on eighth and a consolation birdie on ninth. He quipped, "I needed that (birdie) just to keep me going."
Jeev is also unsure about Hong Kong Open next week but said, "I will take a call in the next few days. Right now I want to rest the finger and give myself time."
The Indian golfer, winner of the Scottish Open this year, is lying 25th on the European Tour Order of Merit, and a good finish will further his goal of trying to get to top-50 in the world. He is currently 95th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25