Flawless Gangjee in joint lead at Avantha Masters
Gurgaon: Rahil Gangjee put himself in
contention for his first Asian Tour title in six years,
grabbing a share of the lead after a flawless three-under 69
in the penultimate round of the tri-sanctioned Avantha Masters
Golf Tournament here on Saturday.
Gangjee, whose last Asian Tour triumph came in the
Volkswagen Masters-China in 2004, took his three-day total to
11-under 205 for a six-way tie at the top.
Fredrik Andersson Hed (66), Darren Beck (70), Richard
Bland (66), Yih-Shin Chan (72), Tetsuji Hiratsuka (70) and
Barry lane (71) formed the rest of the leading pack at the DLF
Golf and Country Club.
For the third successive day, Gangjee found birdies on
the seventh and 18th holes besides picking up a shot on the
Among other Indians in fray, Jyoti Randhawa and Arjun
Atwal brought home identical one-under 71s to total six-under
210 and four-under 212 respectively.
While Randhawa lies tied 29th, Atwal took a share of the
37th spot after three rounds.
Randhawa started off well, striking a birdie on the third
hole and though a bogey on the fifth pulled him back, he more
than made up for it with an eagle on the sixth to make the
turn two-under before a poor back nine marred his card.
He dropped strokes on the 11th and 13th and parred the
rest to slip down the leaderboard.
Atwal had a modest outing, picking up a couple of birdies
against a lone bogey to drop three places.
Among other Indians, Digvijay Singh (73) and Ashok Kumar
(75) lay at the bottom of the heap. While Digvijay was tied
54th at one-over overall, Ashok was a further couple of
strokes down at tied 63rd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal