Flawless Gangjee in joint lead at Avantha Masters
Gurgaon: Rahil Gangjee put himself in
contention for his first Asian Tour title in six years,
grabbing a share of the lead after a flawless three-under 69
in the penultimate round of the tri-sanctioned Avantha Masters
Golf Tournament here on Saturday.
Gangjee, whose last Asian Tour triumph came in the
Volkswagen Masters-China in 2004, took his three-day total to
11-under 205 for a six-way tie at the top.
Fredrik Andersson Hed (66), Darren Beck (70), Richard
Bland (66), Yih-Shin Chan (72), Tetsuji Hiratsuka (70) and
Barry lane (71) formed the rest of the leading pack at the DLF
Golf and Country Club.
For the third successive day, Gangjee found birdies on
the seventh and 18th holes besides picking up a shot on the
Among other Indians in fray, Jyoti Randhawa and Arjun
Atwal brought home identical one-under 71s to total six-under
210 and four-under 212 respectively.
While Randhawa lies tied 29th, Atwal took a share of the
37th spot after three rounds.
Randhawa started off well, striking a birdie on the third
hole and though a bogey on the fifth pulled him back, he more
than made up for it with an eagle on the sixth to make the
turn two-under before a poor back nine marred his card.
He dropped strokes on the 11th and 13th and parred the
rest to slip down the leaderboard.
Atwal had a modest outing, picking up a couple of birdies
against a lone bogey to drop three places.
Among other Indians, Digvijay Singh (73) and Ashok Kumar
(75) lay at the bottom of the heap. While Digvijay was tied
54th at one-over overall, Ashok was a further couple of
strokes down at tied 63rd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’