Gaganjeet Bhullar to defend Venetian Macau Open title
Macau: Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar today said he will return in October here to defend his Venetian Macau Open title, which he won in emphatic style last year.
"I have great memories of my win last year in Macau. I played consistently well throughout the four days and managed to hold off some really big names, which gave me a lot of confidence. I have every reason to believe I can repeat what I accomplished last year. I am looking forward to the challenge," Bhullar said.
Leading from start-to-finish, the young star triumphed on 16-under-par 268 total to win by two strokes ahead of American Jonathan Moore and Thai Thitiphun Chuayprakong.
The impressive Macau Golf & Country Club is a happy hunting ground for Bhullar, who also recorded a runner-up finish in 2009 when Thaworn Wiratchant of Thailand was crowned champion.
Bhullar has four Asian Tour victories and 10 professional wins on the domestic Indian circuit to his name and will be eager to defend his Venetian Macau Open title, which takes place from October 17-20, to add to his impressive CV.
Bhullar will be in good company this year as multiple major winner Ernie Els of South Africa, who recently accepted an invitation to become an honorary members and international ambassador with the Asian Tour, confirmed his participation in the tournament a few weeks ago.
"It is fantastic news that Ernie will be in the field this year. The Venetian Macau Open is one of the most iconic and important events on the Asian Tour and to have such a great champion compete amongst us is great news for the players and the tournament itself," the 25-year-old said.
This year`s event boasts a total prize fund of USD 800,000, an increase of 6.25 per cent compared to last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow