Gangesh best among Indians in Asia-Pacific Seniors golf
Hong Kong: Skipper Gangesh Khaitan was the top performer from the Indian team with a six-over 78 card in the first round of the Asia-Pacific Seniors Amateurs tournament at the Discovery Bay, here.
Khaitan was lying tied 13th as the Indian team was place fifth after the opening round.
Khaitan was six shots behind the leader, Denis Dale, who carded the day`s best of one-over 73 to lead by one over New Zealand?s
Frank Borren and Hong Kong?s William Chung, who shot 74 each.
Among the other Indians in the field, Vijay Kumar shot 80 to be tied 20th, while the other scores were Ratan Bali (83), VT Date and IPS Mann (88 each) and Nalin Kant (89).
In the team standings, where four best scores were counted, Australia were on top at 301, while New Zealand were second at 304. Hong Kong (310), the Philippines (318) and India (329) were holding positions third to fifth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'