Gangjee, Chopra for TPC Stonebrae Championships
Hayward (California): Indian golfer Rahil Gangjee would return after a brief break to tee up at the Nationwide Tour`s TPC Stonebrae Championships from Thursday and giving him company at the event will be defending champion Daniel Chopra.
Gangjee has had two starts so far this season. He made one cut and finished 23rd at the Chile Classic and missed the cut in another.
Chopra, who has played six events on PGA Tour has missed the cut in each of them, but made one cut in the two starts he has had on the Nationwide Tour. Chopra won the TPC Stonebrae Championships in 2011.
The event being held for the fourth year in a row carries a purse of USD 600,000 and is played at the 7,188 yard TPC course.
The event is hosted by the Pro Football Hall of Fame member Jerry Rice and he will be joined in the field by 10-time PGA TOUR winner Steve Elkington, making his first appearance in a Nationwide Tour event.
The 49-year-old Australian`s victories include one major, the 1995 PGA Championship, and the 1997 Players Championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!