Gangjee, Chopra for TPC Stonebrae Championships
Hayward (California): Indian golfer Rahil Gangjee would return after a brief break to tee up at the Nationwide Tour`s TPC Stonebrae Championships from Thursday and giving him company at the event will be defending champion Daniel Chopra.
Gangjee has had two starts so far this season. He made one cut and finished 23rd at the Chile Classic and missed the cut in another.
Chopra, who has played six events on PGA Tour has missed the cut in each of them, but made one cut in the two starts he has had on the Nationwide Tour. Chopra won the TPC Stonebrae Championships in 2011.
The event being held for the fourth year in a row carries a purse of USD 600,000 and is played at the 7,188 yard TPC course.
The event is hosted by the Pro Football Hall of Fame member Jerry Rice and he will be joined in the field by 10-time PGA TOUR winner Steve Elkington, making his first appearance in a Nationwide Tour event.
The 49-year-old Australian`s victories include one major, the 1995 PGA Championship, and the 1997 Players Championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- PM Modi reaches out to people of Kashmir Valley, talks of 'unity and compassion', slams those fomenting trouble
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death