Gangjee ends 40th, Chopra 21st in Nationwide
Texas: Rahil Gangjee ran into trouble at the 15th for the second day in succession and dropped a double bogey on the hole as he signed for a card of 71, his fourth straight round in 70s, at the WNB Classic on the Nationwide Tour.
Gangjee finished in a tie for 40th place. He had two birdies, an eagle, a bogey and a double bogey in his up-and-down round.
Daniel Chopra, lying tied 8th overnight, slipped further with a round of 73 and finished 21st.
Korean-born Danny Lee won his first pro-title on Nationwide with a final round of six-under 66 and a total of 18-under 270. The 21-year-old beat Harris English in the first play-off hole after the two tied at 270.
Lee started the day six shots behind overnight leader BJ Staten, but when the latter shot 40 in the first nine, it threw the tournament wide open. Staten shot 77 and finished tenth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Earthquake rocks southwest France, no casualties reported
- West Bengal polls fifth phase to decide fate of four Narada 'stung' Trinamool biggies
- Campaigning ends for Bengal polls fifth phase
- Turkish scribes get two years jail for publishing Prophet cartoon
- 60 percent voting in 2nd phase of panchayat polls in Bihar