Gangjee lying 63rd despite five birdies
Broussard (USA): Rahil Gangjee had five birdies in a space of seven holes in the middle of his first round, but still finished with only a one-under 70 on the opening day of the Chitimacha Louisiana Open on Nationwide Tour on Friday.
The Indian had five birdies between seventh and 12th holes, but he dropped two bogeys before and after the purple patch.
Gangjee`s 70 saw him lying in tied 63rd place. Will Mackenzie and Brendan Pappas led the field with rounds of 63 each. MacKenzie had two eagles at the Le Triomphe Country Club for his round of 63. Pappas, who owns the course record with a 60 in 2007, rolled in putts from all corners and made nine birdies to tie for the lead.
Two-time defending champion Brett Wetterich birdied three of his final four holes for a 7-under 64 and the solo third position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling