Gangjee lying 63rd despite five birdies
Broussard (USA): Rahil Gangjee had five birdies in a space of seven holes in the middle of his first round, but still finished with only a one-under 70 on the opening day of the Chitimacha Louisiana Open on Nationwide Tour on Friday.
The Indian had five birdies between seventh and 12th holes, but he dropped two bogeys before and after the purple patch.
Gangjee`s 70 saw him lying in tied 63rd place. Will Mackenzie and Brendan Pappas led the field with rounds of 63 each. MacKenzie had two eagles at the Le Triomphe Country Club for his round of 63. Pappas, who owns the course record with a 60 in 2007, rolled in putts from all corners and made nine birdies to tie for the lead.
Two-time defending champion Brett Wetterich birdied three of his final four holes for a 7-under 64 and the solo third position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site