Gangjee opens with 71, lies 34th in Mexico
Leon (Mexico): Rahil Gangjee blew a great start with a bogey and a double bogey on the back stretch to end up with one-under 71 and lie tied 34th after the opening round of the Mexico Open on Nationwide Tour at the El Bosque Country Club.
Gangjee, who has missed the cut on his last two starts, opened with a birdie and then added a second on eighth hole. Birdies on tenth and 11th put him at four-under before he erred with a bogey on 14th. A double bogey on closing par-5 18th was painful as he ended with a 71.
Ryan Armour, three times runners-up in his career, shot a eight-under 64 and took a one shot lead after the first round. Rookie Paul Haley, who has already won this year in Chile Classic, opened with a bogey-free 65 to lie at the second place.
Gangjee`s best this season has been tied 16th at TPC Stonebrae and tied 23rd at Chile Classic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH