Gangjee opens with 71, lies 34th in Mexico
Leon (Mexico): Rahil Gangjee blew a great start with a bogey and a double bogey on the back stretch to end up with one-under 71 and lie tied 34th after the opening round of the Mexico Open on Nationwide Tour at the El Bosque Country Club.
Gangjee, who has missed the cut on his last two starts, opened with a birdie and then added a second on eighth hole. Birdies on tenth and 11th put him at four-under before he erred with a bogey on 14th. A double bogey on closing par-5 18th was painful as he ended with a 71.
Ryan Armour, three times runners-up in his career, shot a eight-under 64 and took a one shot lead after the first round. Rookie Paul Haley, who has already won this year in Chile Classic, opened with a bogey-free 65 to lie at the second place.
Gangjee`s best this season has been tied 16th at TPC Stonebrae and tied 23rd at Chile Classic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media