Gangjee opens with 71, lies 34th in Mexico
Leon (Mexico): Rahil Gangjee blew a great start with a bogey and a double bogey on the back stretch to end up with one-under 71 and lie tied 34th after the opening round of the Mexico Open on Nationwide Tour at the El Bosque Country Club.
Gangjee, who has missed the cut on his last two starts, opened with a birdie and then added a second on eighth hole. Birdies on tenth and 11th put him at four-under before he erred with a bogey on 14th. A double bogey on closing par-5 18th was painful as he ended with a 71.
Ryan Armour, three times runners-up in his career, shot a eight-under 64 and took a one shot lead after the first round. Rookie Paul Haley, who has already won this year in Chile Classic, opened with a bogey-free 65 to lie at the second place.
Gangjee`s best this season has been tied 16th at TPC Stonebrae and tied 23rd at Chile Classic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?