Gangjee recovers at Wichita Open in Nationwide
Wichita (Kansas): Indian golfer Rahil Gangjee went through a roller-coaster of a third round, carding a three-over 74 in the Wichita Open on Saturday.
Gangjee, with four birdies, three bogeys and two doubles, is now one-under for three days at the Crestview Country Club.
Gangjee had a tough start with a bogey on third, but that was neutralised by a birdie on fourth. But two bogeys on the seventh and eighth followed by a double on the ninth saw him turn in four-over.
Another double bogey on the 13th added to his woes at six-over but then he had three birdies in last five holes to haul himself back somewhat. He has now birdied the 13th and 18th on each of the three days.
Jim Herman left a lot of birdies out on the course but still carded a 68 despite gusting winds and high temperatures.
After first two rounds of 66 and 64, he is now 15-under for 54 holes. Two strokes behind him at 13-under is the first round leader, Casey Wittenberg (67). Justin Hicks (65) and Jason Gore (68) are at 12-under.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi