Gangjee shoots even par on weather-hit round 1
Hayward (California): Rahil Gangjee played a steady even par round of 70 with two birdies and two bogeys to be tied 26th after the first round of weather-delayed TPC Stonebrae Championship. Daniel Chopra, the defending champion here, shot 74 and was tied 98th needing a good second round to make the cut.
Ben Martin fought his way through the bad weather to get to the top of the leaderboard in the first round. Martin missed only one fairway and two greens in a nearly flawless effort that produced a 5-under 65.
Gangjee birdied the fifth and sixth and turned in two-under, before he made his first mistake with a bogey on 11th. He was still one-under when he came to the 18th tee which he bogeyed again to finish at even par.
The tee-offs started late on account of wind and rain as a result of which a lot of players were yet to finish their first round. The winds were close to 15-20 mph making it difficult to score. Josh Broadway, Michael Putnam and Brian Stuard finished their first rounds in 66 each to be tied second.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow
- Body of murdered Kerala nurse to arrive home from Oman today