Gangjee shoots four-under 67, lies 12th in Mylan Classic
Canonsburg (USA): Rahil Gangjee shot an incredible eight birdies enroute a four-under 67 in the first round of the Mylan Classic at Southpointe Golf Club in suburban Pittsburgh.
Gangjee`s 67 put him in tied 12th place, three shots behind leader Edward Loar and Robert Streb, both of whom posted 7-under 64s Thursday to share the first-round lead.
Gangjee, who needs some top-10 finishes to improve on his current ranking of 121st on the Money List on Web.Com Tour, formerly called Nationwide, had a great birdie-birdie start, but gave away both shots with a double on fourth.
A bogey on seventh was followed by a birdie on the next and he turned in even par.
On the back nine, he exploded with birdies on 10th, 12th, 14th, 15th and 17th, but unfortunately bogeyed the last to end at four-under 67. Gangjee putted very well and needed 27 putts and was among the best in the day. His eight birdies were also among the best during the round.
Two-time winner Casey Wittenberg carded a 6-under 65 and is tied for third place with Sweden`s David Lingmerth and Marc Turnesa.
Kevin Kisner, winner of the inaugural event two years ago, heads up a group of six players two shots off the pace. Joining Kisner at 5-under are Brad Fritsch, Brian Stuard, Will Mckenzie, Cliff Kresge and John Chin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!