Golf: Ames stumbles to 56th in Memphis
Memphis: Trinidad and Tobago`s Stephen Ames carded a final round 71, to finish tied for 56th in the $5.7 million St Jude Classic golf tournament at TPC Southwind here.
The 49-year-old Ames produced a mixed round to post a score of two-over 282 Sunday, as 23-year-old rookie American Harris English won his first PGA Tour title by two strokes.
Americans Scott Stallings and three-times Masters champion Phil Mickelson were tied for second.
Ames started poorly, dropping a shot on the second and even though he birdied the par-five third, he dropped another shot on the seventh, to make the turn at one-over.
On the back nine, he found birdies on the 12th and 16th but spoiled the outing with bogeys on the 15th and the 17th.
In Thursday`s first round, Ames opened with an even-par 70, followed up with a two-under 68 Friday before stumbling to 73 Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH