Golf: Ames stumbles to 56th in Memphis
Memphis: Trinidad and Tobago`s Stephen Ames carded a final round 71, to finish tied for 56th in the $5.7 million St Jude Classic golf tournament at TPC Southwind here.
The 49-year-old Ames produced a mixed round to post a score of two-over 282 Sunday, as 23-year-old rookie American Harris English won his first PGA Tour title by two strokes.
Americans Scott Stallings and three-times Masters champion Phil Mickelson were tied for second.
Ames started poorly, dropping a shot on the second and even though he birdied the par-five third, he dropped another shot on the seventh, to make the turn at one-over.
On the back nine, he found birdies on the 12th and 16th but spoiled the outing with bogeys on the 15th and the 17th.
In Thursday`s first round, Ames opened with an even-par 70, followed up with a two-under 68 Friday before stumbling to 73 Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre