Golf: Ames stumbles to 56th in Memphis
Memphis: Trinidad and Tobago`s Stephen Ames carded a final round 71, to finish tied for 56th in the $5.7 million St Jude Classic golf tournament at TPC Southwind here.
The 49-year-old Ames produced a mixed round to post a score of two-over 282 Sunday, as 23-year-old rookie American Harris English won his first PGA Tour title by two strokes.
Americans Scott Stallings and three-times Masters champion Phil Mickelson were tied for second.
Ames started poorly, dropping a shot on the second and even though he birdied the par-five third, he dropped another shot on the seventh, to make the turn at one-over.
On the back nine, he found birdies on the 12th and 16th but spoiled the outing with bogeys on the 15th and the 17th.
In Thursday`s first round, Ames opened with an even-par 70, followed up with a two-under 68 Friday before stumbling to 73 Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed