Golf: Ames stumbles to 56th in Memphis
Memphis: Trinidad and Tobago`s Stephen Ames carded a final round 71, to finish tied for 56th in the $5.7 million St Jude Classic golf tournament at TPC Southwind here.
The 49-year-old Ames produced a mixed round to post a score of two-over 282 Sunday, as 23-year-old rookie American Harris English won his first PGA Tour title by two strokes.
Americans Scott Stallings and three-times Masters champion Phil Mickelson were tied for second.
Ames started poorly, dropping a shot on the second and even though he birdied the par-five third, he dropped another shot on the seventh, to make the turn at one-over.
On the back nine, he found birdies on the 12th and 16th but spoiled the outing with bogeys on the 15th and the 17th.
In Thursday`s first round, Ames opened with an even-par 70, followed up with a two-under 68 Friday before stumbling to 73 Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan supports China on South China Sea
- Shiv Sena asks PM Narendra Modi if yoga will relieve pain of inflation
- AAP demands action against L-G Najeeb Jung in MM Khan murder case
- Grown up and gorgeous, Nysa poses with mother Kajol!
- UEFA Euro 2016: Spain Vs Italy, Germany Vs Slovakia, England Vs Iceland – The Round of 16 Fixtures in Full