Golf: Ames stumbles to 56th in Memphis
Memphis: Trinidad and Tobago`s Stephen Ames carded a final round 71, to finish tied for 56th in the $5.7 million St Jude Classic golf tournament at TPC Southwind here.
The 49-year-old Ames produced a mixed round to post a score of two-over 282 Sunday, as 23-year-old rookie American Harris English won his first PGA Tour title by two strokes.
Americans Scott Stallings and three-times Masters champion Phil Mickelson were tied for second.
Ames started poorly, dropping a shot on the second and even though he birdied the par-five third, he dropped another shot on the seventh, to make the turn at one-over.
On the back nine, he found birdies on the 12th and 16th but spoiled the outing with bogeys on the 15th and the 17th.
In Thursday`s first round, Ames opened with an even-par 70, followed up with a two-under 68 Friday before stumbling to 73 Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray