Golf NCR Cup from tomorrow
New Delhi: Around 75 golfers from India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Nepal, Korea and Portugal will compete in the Toyota seventh NCR Cup amateur golf championship, here from Tuesday.
While the tournament will be played in stroke play format, players will be playing as individuals as well as teams from various countries, states, golf courses and organisations.
The team championship winner will be declared after the first two days of play. The cut will also be applied after the first two rounds and the field will be reduced to 45 players who will vie for the title on Thursday and Friday over 36 holes.
The winner and runner up of the NCR Cup will be sent to play in one of the National Amateur Championships of European region.
Udayan Mane from Bangalore, Chandigarh`s Angad Cheema, winner of All-India Amateur Championship 2011, Kapurthala`s Ashbeer Singh Saini and Delhi`s Honey Baisoya will present the local challenge.
Thangaraja Nadaraja and Sisira Kumara George Patrick from Sri Lanka, Joao Ramos and Pierre Rolland from Portugal, Bikash Bogati and Dinesh Prajapati from Nepal, Rio from Korea and Syed Shoaib Bokhari along with Abbas Ali Khan from Pakistan will also feature in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'