Golf NCR Cup from tomorrow
New Delhi: Around 75 golfers from India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Nepal, Korea and Portugal will compete in the Toyota seventh NCR Cup amateur golf championship, here from Tuesday.
While the tournament will be played in stroke play format, players will be playing as individuals as well as teams from various countries, states, golf courses and organisations.
The team championship winner will be declared after the first two days of play. The cut will also be applied after the first two rounds and the field will be reduced to 45 players who will vie for the title on Thursday and Friday over 36 holes.
The winner and runner up of the NCR Cup will be sent to play in one of the National Amateur Championships of European region.
Udayan Mane from Bangalore, Chandigarh`s Angad Cheema, winner of All-India Amateur Championship 2011, Kapurthala`s Ashbeer Singh Saini and Delhi`s Honey Baisoya will present the local challenge.
Thangaraja Nadaraja and Sisira Kumara George Patrick from Sri Lanka, Joao Ramos and Pierre Rolland from Portugal, Bikash Bogati and Dinesh Prajapati from Nepal, Rio from Korea and Syed Shoaib Bokhari along with Abbas Ali Khan from Pakistan will also feature in the event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head