Golfer Dharma triumphs at Tata Open
Jamshedpur: Bangalore`s M. Dharma joined the winner’s circle on the PGTI after a three-stroke victory at the 12th Tata Open here Sunday.
Dharma fired a two-under-69 in the final round to end up with a tournament total of 13-under-272. Jamshedpur-based amateur Karan Taunk had a creditable runner-up finish at 10-under-275.
The entire field played nine holes each on both courses -- Beldih and Golmuri. While one half of the field teed off from Beldih, the other half began from Golmuri.
Thirty-three golfers with the best scores at the end of Round 3 teed off from Golmuri and finished at Beldih. The par for the combined courses was 71.
Dharma (66-70-67-69), the overnight joint leader, made three birdies against a lone bogey in the fourth round to finally break the victory barrier in his ninth year on the professional circuit.
The 27-year-old played a steady final round as he made good chip-putts for birdies on the fourth, ninth and 12th to stay ahead through the day. The only blemish on his card was the bogey on the eighth that came as a result of a three-putt.
“I had a fabulous week here as I played to my potential and just had one ordinary round on the second day. My chipping was excellent today and I never lost focus,” said Dharma, who has now climbed from 19th place to seventh on the PGTI’s Rankings after picking up the winner’s cheque of Rs.8,08,250.
Delhi’s Shamim Khan (68-72-71-66) claimed third place with a total score of eight-under-277. Shamim carded a five-under-66 in the final round that featured six birdies and a bogey.
Manav Jaini of Delhi was a further shot behind in fourth.
The last event of the 2013 PGTI season will be staged in Kolkata next week and will feature only the top-60 players in the rankings along. Rashid Khan leads the rankings with earnings of Rs.41,80,634.
13-under-272: M. Dharma
10-under-275: Karan Taunk (A)
8-under-277: Shamim Khan
7-under-278: Manav Jaini
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly