Golfer Jimenez becomes oldest ever winner of European Tour at 48
London: Golfer Miguel Angel Jimenez has become the oldest European Tour winner on by shooting a 5-under 65 to win his third Hong Kong Open title.
The Spanish ace enjoyed his trademark celebration after winning the title just five weeks away from his 49th birthday.
According to the Sun, at 48 years and 318 days, Jimenez is more than nine months older than the Tour’s previous record holder, Irishman Des Smyth.
“Maybe I am able to keep playing so long because of all the olive oil in my joints and the nice Rioja wine, those things keep you fit and flexible,” the report quoted Jimenez, as saying.
“The most important thing is that I do what I like to do in my life and golf has given me all of this pleasure,” he said.
“I still love it and I think that is fantastic, to love what you’re doing, and enjoy yourself,” he added.
Jimenez, a Ryder Cup star and vice- captain in 1997 and at Medinah in September, fired a brilliant final-round five-under-par 65 to finish on 15 under, a shot clear of Swede Fredrik Andersson Hed who carded a 64.
According to the report, Jimenez bagged 165,000 pounds for the win and is now past the 20 million pounds mark in career earnings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results declared, check www.tseamcet.in
- Bollywood actress Jacqueline supports UN campaign against illegal wildlife trade
- Rani Mukerji, daughter Adira's Paris trip turns into a family affair! – Know why
- Salman Khan in and as 'Sultan' grabs 'Fastest 5 Million' views—Watch here!
- New Afghan Taliban leader was compromise candidate: Sources