Golfer Siddikur ready for CIMB Classic
Kuala Lumpur: Bangladeshi Siddikur is prepared to stand shoulder-to-shoulder alongside the golfing stars at the $7 million CIMB Classic here this week.
The 29-year-old will make his fourth successive appearance at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club`s West course starting Thursday where he will aim to improve on his best outing of tied-11th in the inaugural edition in 2010.
With the CIMB Classic counting towards the Asian Tour Order of Merit, Siddikur plans to enjoy a rewarding haul in the 78-man field which has no halfway cut.
"It is going to be an exciting race on the Asian Tour Order of Merit. There is a lot of money at stake at the CIMB Classic and a good finish or a victory might give you a huge jump. I believe the event is even better now because if I win it, then I will get a PGA Tour card," said Siddikur.
Major champions Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson, Ernie Els, Keegan Bradley, Stewart Cink and Lucas Glover will headline the field.
Siddikur hopes to draw one of the top stars during the tournament after enjoying the opportunity to play alongside Adam Scott of Australia, this year`s Masters Tournament champion, in the 2010 edition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Ravi Rampaul reveals shocking reason for not being picked in West Indian team
- IPL 2016, Match 31: GL vs DD - As it happened...
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Mamata Banerjee trying to influence polls with police help: CPI-M
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours