Good start for Arjun Atwal at McGladrey Classic
St. Simons Island (USA): Indian golfer Arjun Atwal shot a blemish-free three-under 67 to be tied 26th after the opening round of the McGladrey Classic, the penultimate event on the schedule that counts towards the Money List.
Atwal, who has struggled through the season, birdied the second, sixth and 15th holes.
Atwal has made only 11 cuts in 25 starts and is fighting hard to keep his card for 2012. Currently he is 171st on the List and needs to be inside 125 to keep his card.
The 22-year-old Bud Cauley shot eight-under 62 to take the lead and it was his best score of the Tour.
Cauley shares the lead with Marco Dawson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM