Good start for Arjun Atwal at McGladrey Classic
St. Simons Island (USA): Indian golfer Arjun Atwal shot a blemish-free three-under 67 to be tied 26th after the opening round of the McGladrey Classic, the penultimate event on the schedule that counts towards the Money List.
Atwal, who has struggled through the season, birdied the second, sixth and 15th holes.
Atwal has made only 11 cuts in 25 starts and is fighting hard to keep his card for 2012. Currently he is 171st on the List and needs to be inside 125 to keep his card.
The 22-year-old Bud Cauley shot eight-under 62 to take the lead and it was his best score of the Tour.
Cauley shares the lead with Marco Dawson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack