Great Scott! Jamieson goes close to magical 59
New Delhi: Britain`s Scott Jamieson rocketed to the top of the leaderboard midway through the third round of the Portugal Masters on Saturday after becoming the 17th player to shoot a 60 on the European Tour.
Jamieson reeled off 11 birdies and seven pars at the Oceanico Victoria course in Vilamoura to finish with a 14-under tally of 199.
No one has ever returned a `magical 59` on the tour.
Jamieson has a two-stroke lead over fellow Britons David Lynn and Paul Waring and South African Hennie Otto who have all yet to begin their rounds.
Scot Jamieson, 29, has only one tour victory to his name and that came at the Nelson Mandela Championship in South Africa in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional