Great Scott! Jamieson goes close to magical 59
New Delhi: Britain`s Scott Jamieson rocketed to the top of the leaderboard midway through the third round of the Portugal Masters on Saturday after becoming the 17th player to shoot a 60 on the European Tour.
Jamieson reeled off 11 birdies and seven pars at the Oceanico Victoria course in Vilamoura to finish with a 14-under tally of 199.
No one has ever returned a `magical 59` on the tour.
Jamieson has a two-stroke lead over fellow Britons David Lynn and Paul Waring and South African Hennie Otto who have all yet to begin their rounds.
Scot Jamieson, 29, has only one tour victory to his name and that came at the Nelson Mandela Championship in South Africa in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur