Great Scott! Jamieson goes close to magical 59
New Delhi: Britain`s Scott Jamieson rocketed to the top of the leaderboard midway through the third round of the Portugal Masters on Saturday after becoming the 17th player to shoot a 60 on the European Tour.
Jamieson reeled off 11 birdies and seven pars at the Oceanico Victoria course in Vilamoura to finish with a 14-under tally of 199.
No one has ever returned a `magical 59` on the tour.
Jamieson has a two-stroke lead over fellow Britons David Lynn and Paul Waring and South African Hennie Otto who have all yet to begin their rounds.
Scot Jamieson, 29, has only one tour victory to his name and that came at the Nelson Mandela Championship in South Africa in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands