Greg Norman backs Adam Scott for World No.1 position
Melbourne: Australian golf legend Greg Norman has praised Masters-winning golfer Adam Scott, saying that if he continues his form of the past two years then he has a legitimate shot to become the No.1 player in the world.
Norman, who said that he had met Scott in Australia when the golf ace was 15, said that Scott is a balanced human being and was talented since his teens, adding that it has served him well during each of his events, including the US Masters.
Stating that Scott had silenced his critics by winning at Augusta, Norman said that the golf ace is an incredible competitor and will continue to work hard instead of resting on his laurels, adding that the sky is the limit for Scott.
According to Norman, he had always believed in Scott and his ability, adding that the floodgates will open for Scott, now that he has won the first Masters for Australia.
Expressing his happiness at being named in Scott’s speech after winning, Norman said that he honoured and humbled by Scott, who thanked Norman for inspiring and believing in him, adding that Scott, who is now third in the official world golf rankings, is a great golfer and an even better person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened