Greg Norman backs Adam Scott for World No.1 position
Melbourne: Australian golf legend Greg Norman has praised Masters-winning golfer Adam Scott, saying that if he continues his form of the past two years then he has a legitimate shot to become the No.1 player in the world.
Norman, who said that he had met Scott in Australia when the golf ace was 15, said that Scott is a balanced human being and was talented since his teens, adding that it has served him well during each of his events, including the US Masters.
Stating that Scott had silenced his critics by winning at Augusta, Norman said that the golf ace is an incredible competitor and will continue to work hard instead of resting on his laurels, adding that the sky is the limit for Scott.
According to Norman, he had always believed in Scott and his ability, adding that the floodgates will open for Scott, now that he has won the first Masters for Australia.
Expressing his happiness at being named in Scott’s speech after winning, Norman said that he honoured and humbled by Scott, who thanked Norman for inspiring and believing in him, adding that Scott, who is now third in the official world golf rankings, is a great golfer and an even better person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Ashutosh Gowariker, Kay Kay Menon launch Raj Supe's new book
- Sunil Munjal to step down from Hero MotoCorp Board on August 16
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- Companies likely to raise about $75 bn through issuance of green bonds in 2016
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC