Gurbani grabs sole lead after superb 2nd round
New Delhi: Gurbani Singh shot a superb two-under 70, featuring four birdies on the back nine, as she jumped to sole lead from tied seventh after round two of the Usha Army Ladies and Junior golf championship, the season-opener on IGU Women’s circuit, here on Wednesday.
The winner of the Ladies Order of Merit had a slow start on the first day when she shot 77, with just one birdie but she fought back strongly on the second day.
She overtook the defending champion Aditi Ashok (75) and Tvesa Malik (74). Gurbani?s round of 70 included one birdie and three bogeys on front nine, but she had a stunning back nine, where she carded four birdies, including three in a row from 12th to 14th and another on 17th.
Aditi also had a two-over front nine and one-under 35 on back nine for her one-over 73 in second round.
Gurbani leads at 147 while Aditi is one behind at 148.
Tvesa Malik (74-77) has dropped to third while Raksha Phadke (78-84) was fourth and Sehar Atwal (78-75) was fifth with Amandeep Drall (75-78) also tied at sixth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says