Gurbani grabs sole lead after superb 2nd round
New Delhi: Gurbani Singh shot a superb two-under 70, featuring four birdies on the back nine, as she jumped to sole lead from tied seventh after round two of the Usha Army Ladies and Junior golf championship, the season-opener on IGU Women’s circuit, here on Wednesday.
The winner of the Ladies Order of Merit had a slow start on the first day when she shot 77, with just one birdie but she fought back strongly on the second day.
She overtook the defending champion Aditi Ashok (75) and Tvesa Malik (74). Gurbani?s round of 70 included one birdie and three bogeys on front nine, but she had a stunning back nine, where she carded four birdies, including three in a row from 12th to 14th and another on 17th.
Aditi also had a two-over front nine and one-under 35 on back nine for her one-over 73 in second round.
Gurbani leads at 147 while Aditi is one behind at 148.
Tvesa Malik (74-77) has dropped to third while Raksha Phadke (78-84) was fourth and Sehar Atwal (78-75) was fifth with Amandeep Drall (75-78) also tied at sixth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!