Gurbani looking to extend domination at Usha Maharashtra Golf
Mumbai: Gurbani Singh, who won her third title of the season last week, will return to the Poona Golf Club here for the Usha Maharashtra Ladies and Juniors golf this week to bid for yet another crown and seal her claim on the Order of Merit on the Indian Golf Union circuit.
Gurbani, just 17, has already won the Usha Southern India, the Usha West Bengal titles this season and the Usha Western India Ladies titles this season.
She will also be a strong contender for the Usha All India Amateur, where she unexpectedly got eliminated at the quarter-final stage last year.
Gurbani`s main rivals will be Millie Saroha, Amandeep Drall, Gauri Monga and Ankita Kedalya.
The Usha Maharashtra Ladies championships will be played at the Poona Golf Club and is the penultimate event of the season with only the Usha All India Amateurs left on the calendar. The championships will also include Category C and D events.
The All India Amateurs will be held in December at the Royal Calcutta Golf Club (RCGC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis