Gurbani outplays Gursimar; wins All India Ladies title
Kolkata: Gurbani Singh underlined her status as the top amateur in the country as she regained her Usha All India Ladies Matchplay title after a gap of three years. Three years after she became the youngest to win the All India Ladies title, Gurbani won the National Championships a second time Sunday.
Gurbani, now 16, outplayed Gursimar Badwal in the final that was to be played over 36 holes, but ended in just 27. Gurbani emerged a victor by 10 and 9.
The win in the championship capped a wonderful season for Gurbani, who won four titles during the year. She won the Usha Southern India and Usha Western India titles besides the Usha West Bengal Ladies Open, during which she carded a record-breaking six-under 64.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'