Gurbani outplays Gursimar; wins All India Ladies title
Kolkata: Gurbani Singh underlined her status as the top amateur in the country as she regained her Usha All India Ladies Matchplay title after a gap of three years. Three years after she became the youngest to win the All India Ladies title, Gurbani won the National Championships a second time Sunday.
Gurbani, now 16, outplayed Gursimar Badwal in the final that was to be played over 36 holes, but ended in just 27. Gurbani emerged a victor by 10 and 9.
The win in the championship capped a wonderful season for Gurbani, who won four titles during the year. She won the Usha Southern India and Usha Western India titles besides the Usha West Bengal Ladies Open, during which she carded a record-breaking six-under 64.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof