Gurbani to start favourite in Usha DGC Ladies Open
New Delhi: Gurbani Singh, who has taken over the lead from Aditi Ashok at the top of the Order of Merit of the Ladies section in the IGU circuit, will start as a firm favourite in the third Usha Delhi Golf Club Ladies tournament starting here from Tuesday.
The Usha DGC Ladies Open is one of the handful of leading tournaments held apart from the normal circuit of the IGU.
Gurbani, who has just a one-point lead over Aditi with only the Usha All India Amateur left towards the counting events, will lead a strong field at the tournament which will also mark the 25 years of association between Usha and Delhi Golf Club.
Though Aditi is skipping the event, it will be strong in the presence of Amandeep Drall, winner of Usha Eastern India Ladies, Millie Saroha, the Usha Northern India champion and Gurbani, who won the Usha Southern India and Usha Western India.
Also due to play are Ridhima Dilawari and Seher Atwal.
The event will see a total of more than 100 golfers in action in various handicap categories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Fire in Hauz Khas Village, one found dead
- Premier League 2016-17: Sunderland struggling to match rivals financially, says David Moyes
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan
- Uttar Pradesh Speaker to decide on disqualification of Swamy Prasad Maurya
- Public figures must face criticism, don't misuse state machinery: SC to J Jayalalithaa