Gurbani to start favourite in Usha DGC Ladies Open
New Delhi: Gurbani Singh, who has taken over the lead from Aditi Ashok at the top of the Order of Merit of the Ladies section in the IGU circuit, will start as a firm favourite in the third Usha Delhi Golf Club Ladies tournament starting here from Tuesday.
The Usha DGC Ladies Open is one of the handful of leading tournaments held apart from the normal circuit of the IGU.
Gurbani, who has just a one-point lead over Aditi with only the Usha All India Amateur left towards the counting events, will lead a strong field at the tournament which will also mark the 25 years of association between Usha and Delhi Golf Club.
Though Aditi is skipping the event, it will be strong in the presence of Amandeep Drall, winner of Usha Eastern India Ladies, Millie Saroha, the Usha Northern India champion and Gurbani, who won the Usha Southern India and Usha Western India.
Also due to play are Ridhima Dilawari and Seher Atwal.
The event will see a total of more than 100 golfers in action in various handicap categories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14