Gurbani to start favourite in Usha DGC Ladies Open
New Delhi: Gurbani Singh, who has taken over the lead from Aditi Ashok at the top of the Order of Merit of the Ladies section in the IGU circuit, will start as a firm favourite in the third Usha Delhi Golf Club Ladies tournament starting here from Tuesday.
The Usha DGC Ladies Open is one of the handful of leading tournaments held apart from the normal circuit of the IGU.
Gurbani, who has just a one-point lead over Aditi with only the Usha All India Amateur left towards the counting events, will lead a strong field at the tournament which will also mark the 25 years of association between Usha and Delhi Golf Club.
Though Aditi is skipping the event, it will be strong in the presence of Amandeep Drall, winner of Usha Eastern India Ladies, Millie Saroha, the Usha Northern India champion and Gurbani, who won the Usha Southern India and Usha Western India.
Also due to play are Ridhima Dilawari and Seher Atwal.
The event will see a total of more than 100 golfers in action in various handicap categories.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez