Gurbani wins Usha DGC Ladies Open golf
New Delhi: Gurbani Singh`s seven-shot lead helped her beat off 13-year-old Aditi Ashok`s late charge and clinch the Usha DGC Ladies Open on Thursday.
Playing flawless golf and landing four birdies, Aditi carded a four-under 68, by far the best card of the week. But her first two rounds of 78 and 78 meant she managed only 224 for 54 holes. That left her four behind Gurbani (75).
Astha Madan held on to her third place with a round of 77 and a total of 233, but Millie Saroha (82) fell way to the fourth place at 234.
Aditi, who at 13 has shown a lot of promise for the future, birdied the second and was one-under for the front nine.
On the back stretch of the Delhi Golf Club, she had three birdies, on the 13th, 14th and 16th and held on to finish at 68 on a day when the next best card was 75 by Gurbani
Gurbani, needing to win to move to the top of the Order of Merit, was five-over through 12 holes and briefly opened the door for Aditi.
But both girls birdied the 13th and while Aditi birdied the 14th and 16th, Gurbani also birdied the 15th. More importantly Gurbani did not allow nervousness to get her and did not drop any shots further and cantered home a winner by four shots.
Gursimar Badwal (80) was fifth at 236 and Vrishali Sinha (77) was sixth at 239 along with Vrinda Yadav (79).
The DGC Ladies Open is Gurbani`s second title this season after the Army Ladies earlier on. It will now bring her to the top of the IGU Ladies Order of Merit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi