Happy homecoming as Scott wins Australian PGA
Sydney: Adam Scott celebrated his homecoming after winning the U.S. Masters earlier this year by storming to victory in the Australian PGA Championship by four strokes on the Gold Coast on Sunday.
The world number two was made to wait for his victory by a passing storm that stopped play for nearly two hours but he returned to the course to complete a final round of four-under-par 67 for a tournament tally of 14-under 270.
His American playing partner Rickie Fowler finished second at Royal Pines after a fourth round 68 to finish on 10-under with local youngster Jack Wilson (68) a further two shots back in third.
Adding the PGA to his previous victories at his home Open and Masters tournaments, Scott joined Greg Norman, Craig Parry, Peter Lonard, Robert Allenby and Peter Senior as the only players to have won all three of Australia`s marquee titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!