Happy homecoming as Scott wins Australian PGA
Sydney: Adam Scott celebrated his homecoming after winning the U.S. Masters earlier this year by storming to victory in the Australian PGA Championship by four strokes on the Gold Coast on Sunday.
The world number two was made to wait for his victory by a passing storm that stopped play for nearly two hours but he returned to the course to complete a final round of four-under-par 67 for a tournament tally of 14-under 270.
His American playing partner Rickie Fowler finished second at Royal Pines after a fourth round 68 to finish on 10-under with local youngster Jack Wilson (68) a further two shots back in third.
Adding the PGA to his previous victories at his home Open and Masters tournaments, Scott joined Greg Norman, Craig Parry, Peter Lonard, Robert Allenby and Peter Senior as the only players to have won all three of Australia`s marquee titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi