Haryana reign supreme at Tata Steel Inter-State Amateur Golf
Noida: Haryana `B` grabbed the top honours, while and Haryana `A` finished second in the Tata Steel Inter-state Amateur Golf Championship that concluded at the Noida Golf Course here today.
Manu Gandas, with a final round 73, managed a three-shot victory to grab the individual honours while helping his team finish second.
Overnight leader Manav Das failed to sustain his form as he shot a four-over 76 and finished second but yet combined with his statemate Ankur Chadha to give his team the title with a total of 586.
Manu was partnered by Ainesh Ahluwalia as the duo posted a cumulative score of 593 to take the runner-up position. Uttar Pradesh `A` comprising of Simarjeet Singh and Samarth Dwivedi finished third at 599.
Samarth Dwivedi was third at 292 while Karan Taunk who shot the best round of the day with a three-under 69 was fourth at 293. Pratap Atwal occupied the fifth position at 295.
Team standings: 586 Haryana `B` (Manav Das 288, Ankur Chadha 298); 593 Haryana `A` (Manu Gandas 285, Ainesh Ahluwalia 308); 599 Uttar Pradesh `A` (Simarjeet Singh 307, Samarth Dwivedi 292); 600 Uttar Pradesh `C` (Amit Kumar 299, Harimohan Singh 301).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam