Healed Jason Day says ready again to contend for US Open championship
Johannesburg: Australian golf ace Jason Day, who has finished as a runner-up in two of the past three years in the US Open, has said that he is again ready to contend for a major title as his injured left thumb is totally healed.
Day is reportedly seeking his first major crown at this year`s US Open that will begin on Thursday at Pinehurst.
According to Sport24, Day, who finished second in the 2011 Masters and 2011 and 2013 US Opens, said that he has been close in a few majors now, so close that one can almost taste it.
Day said that it is disappointing and encouraging at the same time, adding that it is really about how one looks at things.
Day said that he can stew on it and say that he has blown a few or that he had a real opportunity to win and just did not quite get there, but he looks at it as experience.
Day added that he feels like he will get there one day and that he just has to keep giving himself the opportunities.
Day further added that if he can put himself in the final rounds of the US Open repeatedly that he is bound to win the title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'