Healed Jason Day says ready again to contend for US Open championship
Johannesburg: Australian golf ace Jason Day, who has finished as a runner-up in two of the past three years in the US Open, has said that he is again ready to contend for a major title as his injured left thumb is totally healed.
Day is reportedly seeking his first major crown at this year`s US Open that will begin on Thursday at Pinehurst.
According to Sport24, Day, who finished second in the 2011 Masters and 2011 and 2013 US Opens, said that he has been close in a few majors now, so close that one can almost taste it.
Day said that it is disappointing and encouraging at the same time, adding that it is really about how one looks at things.
Day said that he can stew on it and say that he has blown a few or that he had a real opportunity to win and just did not quite get there, but he looks at it as experience.
Day added that he feels like he will get there one day and that he just has to keep giving himself the opportunities.
Day further added that if he can put himself in the final rounds of the US Open repeatedly that he is bound to win the title.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional