Hero Women`s Golf Tour returns after four months
Bangalore: The seventh leg of the Hero Women’s Pro Golf Tour is all set to get underway at the Eagleton Golf Club here from Tuesday.
In form Kolkata golfer Neha Tripathi will be a strong contender for the top spot in the event with veteran Smriti Mehra, the former having won three legs and former two.
Sharmila Nicollet is the other one to have won this season. The tournament carries a total prize-money of Rs.5,00,000.
Following her win in the fifth and sixth leg, Neha will be eager to extend her winning spree this week as well.
Looking at her impressive performance graph, the Kolkata golfer took over the top spot from Smriti in the Order of Merit for the current season and now leads with Rs.5,60,000 in her kitty.
Nicollet will be missing the tournament owing to a foot injury she endured on the LET tour this summer.
Chandigarh golfers Preetinder Kaur and Saaniya Sharma along with Delhi’s Vani Kapoor will also look to put up a strong challenge.
The seventh leg comes after a summer gap of four months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video