Holder Johnson in three-way tie for lead at Kapalua
Hawaii: Long-hitting Dustin Johnson stayed on track for a successful title defence at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions in Hawaii as he ended a wildly fluctuating third round in a three-way tie for the lead on Sunday.
Johnson, who spectacularly eagled the par-five ninth after hitting a four-iron 211 yards to within two feet of the pin, fired a four-under-par 69 in sunny but breezy conditions at the picturesque Kapalua Resort.
He had a chance to seize the outright at the par-five last but narrowly missed his birdie attempt from 15 feet to finish at 14-under 205, level with fellow Americans Webb Simpson (68) and Jordan Spieth (69).
Overnight leader Zach Johnson was two ahead of the chasing pack with seven holes to play but bogeyed 14 and 16 on the way to a 74 and fourth place at 12-under.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- SHOCKING VIDEO: OMG! This bowler was almost killed after being hit on face by ball...
- Sniffing rosemary helps improve brain power of old people
- After Uyghur activist Dolkun Isa, India cancels visa of Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua
- MUST WATCH: Amazing speech by BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu blasting Congress
- Sony swings to $1.4 bn annual profit as PlayStation sales soar