I am looking forward to breaking Jack Nicklaus’ record, says Tiger Woods
Washington: Golf ace Tiger Woods has insisted that he still has time to beat the record held by his hero Jack Nicklaus.
The former world no. 1 is four major titles behind the 18 won by Nicklaus, also known as "Golden Bear", who won his last major at the age of 46.
“Absolutely! With the fitness routine and eating properly and staying in shape I could play for a very long time and I`m looking forward to that opportunity,” Wood said in an interview to a news channel.
“If you say hypothetically 10 years, that`s 40 more major championships I get a chance to play in and compete in and try to win, and hopefully I can try to at least win five of those,” he added.
According to the report, Woods ended a long wait for a title of any kind in March, won again in June, and overtook Nicklaus on the all-time PGA Tour list with his third victory of the season in July. It was his 74th overall, putting him behind only Sam Snead`s 82.
However, over the last four years Woods` best finish in a major was 11th, and he has been plagued by constant questioning about his ability to follow up his last win at Torrey Pines, which came at the cost of a serious knee injury that sidelined him for several months, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview