I can beat anyone in the world: Rory McIlroy
London: World number one golfer Rory McIlroy believes he can beat any player in the world on his day, and insisted he feels like the best player on the planet.
Luke Donald, who took top spot by winning the BMW PGA here last here, will return to the summit of the game by defending his title on Sunday.
World No 3 Lee Westwood is just behind in the rankings after another consistent year where all three UK superstars have swapped the No 1 ranking “I think that you have to believe that you’re better than anyone else. On my day, I believe I can beat anyone in the world,” The Daily Mirror quoted McIlroy, as saying.
“It’s just finding that capability of when you’re not playing your best to still come out on top. That’s the thing that I’m trying to learn how to do, because I’ve proved in the past that when I am on my game, I’m pretty hard to beat,” he added.
“So you have to believe that you’re the best, and I certainly do believe that. And it’s just a matter of going out there and showing everyone else what I believe,” he said. McIlroy further added: “After that, I sort of started thinking of myself as definitely one of the elite players,” he explained.
It’s hard to sort of walk around saying: ‘I’m the best or whatever’, but you just have to believe in it and be quietly confident.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why