I can beat anyone in the world: Rory McIlroy
London: World number one golfer Rory McIlroy believes he can beat any player in the world on his day, and insisted he feels like the best player on the planet.
Luke Donald, who took top spot by winning the BMW PGA here last here, will return to the summit of the game by defending his title on Sunday.
World No 3 Lee Westwood is just behind in the rankings after another consistent year where all three UK superstars have swapped the No 1 ranking “I think that you have to believe that you’re better than anyone else. On my day, I believe I can beat anyone in the world,” The Daily Mirror quoted McIlroy, as saying.
“It’s just finding that capability of when you’re not playing your best to still come out on top. That’s the thing that I’m trying to learn how to do, because I’ve proved in the past that when I am on my game, I’m pretty hard to beat,” he added.
“So you have to believe that you’re the best, and I certainly do believe that. And it’s just a matter of going out there and showing everyone else what I believe,” he said. McIlroy further added: “After that, I sort of started thinking of myself as definitely one of the elite players,” he explained.
It’s hard to sort of walk around saying: ‘I’m the best or whatever’, but you just have to believe in it and be quietly confident.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!